Happy Monday everyone!
Pivotal Container Service
- There will be a “Kubernetes in the Enterprise” session in Pivotal’s London office on March 28. Learn more about Pivotal Container Service and Developer-Ready Infrastructure!
- Getting Started with Kubernetes-as-a-Service – a new blogpost that includes several overview videos like:
- PKS Overview
- Persistent Volumes in PKS
- Container Registry (Harbor)
- Container Networking with NSX-T
- Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) awards VMware PKS EMA Top 3 Container Management Products of 2018
- “PKS was selected for its deep integration with the existing VMware SDDC environment including not only vSphere, but also networking, storage and management tools, which makes PKS one of the most comprehensive solutions for managing containers today. According to our survey, integration with existing infrastructure is the number one priority of enterprises looking for a container management platform,” says Torsten Volk, Managing Research Director, EMA.
- To read the full report, download the EMA report Ten Priorities for Container Management and DevOps in Production and at Scale in 2018
vSphere Integrated Containers
- Another great article from my friend and colleague Tom Schwaller on how to run Selenium Grid on vSphere with vSphere Integrated Containers
Platform Reliability Engineering & Operations
- Performance and Capacity Management of Virtual Container Hosts in vSphere Integrated Containers can be easily achieved with vRealize Operations. A handy guide gives an overview about how to leverage Supermetrics for resource pools that can be applied for VCHs as well.
- I am a big fan of vRealize Operations for Infrastructure Operations and Wavefront for Application-level operations. Platform Realiability Engineers will be involved in Infrastructure-, Platform- and Application-level discussions – what could be better than bringing vRealize Operations and Wavefront even closer together?
- Speaking of Operations: A test of your IaaS Operations maturity
- Dispatch Functions Framework (a batteries-included open-source enterprise functions framework) has now a new website at dispatchframework.io, and a Twitter handle!
- My colleague in the Open Source team Alex Ellis wrote an interesting blogpost on Your first serverless Python function with OpenFaaS back in August.
Interesting industry updates
- Kubernetes graduation: Cloud Native Computing Foundation Announces Kubernetes as First Graduated Project (blogpost here)
- The well-known Cloud Native Computing Foundation Landscape has been released as an interactive version last week. The static view of the landscape can be found here.
- Learn more about the historical background of some very commonly used terms such as Bugs, Loops, Patches and more in this interesting article
- VMware might just have cracked the container market with NSX – great comments from “The Register”.
- Hear VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger discuss PKS during his CNBC interview
- More coverage around PKS comes from the Container Journal: VMware Delivers on Kubernetes Promise